Be a traveler, not a tourist!
Trekking Andros & Outdoor Activities provides exciting, adventurous and eco sensitively run holidays. Travel Responsibly It is about travelling with respect, re-discovering nature, getting closer to local people and see vacations as a way to enhance the locals.
We support local businesses, local economy, we care for the natural environment and the culture and we encourage our travelers to think the same. We work with local people, services and individuals Our supplies are purchased locally We aim to work and treat the traveler, local communities and businesses in a fair and just manner We aim to work with partners who operate their own local initiatives We use small, family-run accommodations,
To be a Responsible traveler on your Activity Holidays:
• Buy local produce. Spend locally!
• Respect local cultures, traditions, holy places and Nature Protected Areas- if in doubt ask advice or don't visit
• Remember that holidays are an opportunity for dialogue with different cultures. Develop relationships of respect and trust with the locals, leave behind prejudices, and don't offend local customs.
• Relax and set a calmer biorhythm on your holidays, participate in activities that promote environmental protection and ecology.
• Use public transport, hire a bike or walk when convenient – it is a great way to meet local people on their terms and reduce pollution and carbon emissions
• Use water sparingly – it is very precious in many Greek Islands, Take water bottles on your outdoor expeditions, drink water from the fountains– plastic mineral water bottles are difficult to recycle.
• When hiking or cycling, always stay on marked trails and maintain a safe distance from any animals or birds you encounter.
• Deposit your trash in trash bins or take it with you when you leave.
• Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints